Much like the rest of the Southeast, Charlotte was stuck in snOMG this week.
- Monday was the looming thought of snow.
- Monday night we started to get antsy. Get bread.
- Tuesday morning was a total waste of time. All mobile devices in the upstate were in constant refresh mode on Weather.com.
- Tuesday afternoon school released early (There was still no snow). Get liquid bread.
- Tuesday night there really was actual snow. Just check all social media outlets and you’ll see. We also got the glorious “CMS is cancelled” notification.
- Wednesday morning there was still real actual snow. That began to melt. Pavement actually looked dry.
- Wednesday night there was the “CMS is cancelled” notification, again. Strange but true.
- Thursday. Snow is melting. It’s cold.
Wednesday and Thursday: Snow days. Really it should’ve been, “Wednesday: Snow Day. Thursday: Snow-ish Day. aka we don’t want to have kids sleep in school like hotlanta.”
So what did I do on my Snow and Snow-ish day?
- Watched the Today show. Love to feel like a housewife.
- Bought new running shoes via amazon. In a very un-like Jaime move, I bought the same shoes that I just wore out. In a new color. And it’s the older model. But let’s be real. The Mizuno Wave Rider 16 beats the new 17 any day.
- Painted my nails. I’m a bit obsessive about this like Rosayln Rosenfeld from American Hustle (here’s a dossier from iIMDb.com). I love that I’ve actually seen an award winning movie before it won those awards. So very hip of me.
- Filled out my new running log/training plan for the upcoming races. (Are you curious?! No launch date announced today. I’m just going to let you know when I let you know. Call me Beyonce.)
- Made a new crock-pot recipe that I will not make again. Too much work, not enough taste. Does anyone else think the crock pot sucks the flavor out of a lot of stuff?
- Found a new website for running gear that I love: www.oiselle.com. I might be far behind. Speaking of which, these “randies” are on their site. I have to have them. I’m a size xs if you want to buy them for me. And if you believe that, we are not friends.
- Researched sunglasses for running. I have been super-unsuccessful at this and don’t, but want to. I’m thinking about the Smith Pivlock v90. Then I also saw them on the Oiselle site. Maybe it’s a sign.
- Read some of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I’m not loving it so far, but I’m still reading because I’m curious.
- Concocted a new popcorn. Here’s the recipe: fresh popped popcorn (The Cuisinart Popcorn Maker might be my favorite kitchen gadget) splashed with Crystal Hot Sauce. I’m not even a big hot sauce fan, but it is amazing. Now we’re out of Crystal’s. I’m not sure if it should be called “Hot-Corn” (not super descriptive) “Crystal’s Corn” (sounds like some country-bumpkin recipe) or “Pop Crystal” (a champagne cocktail or an illegal drug). Whatever you call it, I don’t care (“Jimmy crack corn and I don’t care!”) just make it. And enjoy it. Repeat. (I did).
- Made a vertical Snow Angel on the way home from dinner Tuesday.
Sounds like I’ve been productive, right? Right. I’ll keep telling myself that. I’ll tell the husband that, too.